A reminder of the difference between traditional market and night market:
The traditional market
It is the same in the Dordogne as anywhere else: takes place in the morning, the goal is to shop there.
The night market
Rather in the evening, in season (July-August), it offers food stands. The goal is not so much to shop but to eat.
The producers propose you to cook their products on the spot and to make them taste you.
Large tables are installed by the town halls, you eat on site and it is not uncommon for your evening to be accompanied by music.
We recommend the Wednesday night in Belvès.
Traditional markets :
- Monday : Les Eyzies de Tayac Sireuil (april to october) and Beynac (from mid-june to mid-september)
- Tuesday : Cénac, Le Bugue and Salignac (from april to september)
- Wednesday : Montignac, Siorac, Hautefort, Sainte-Nathalène, Sarlat and Carlux (in july and august)
- Thursday : Domme, Meyrals (26/06 au 04/09), Monpazier, St Julien de Lampon and Terrasson
- Friday :La Roque Gageac (from mai to september)
- Saturday : Belvès, Le Bugue, Montignac, Sarlat and Villefranche-du-Périgord
- Sunday : Marquay (from june to september), Rouffignac Saint Cernin de Reilhac, Calviac (from june to the end of august), Daglan, Carsac (from mid-june to mid-september), St-Cyprien and St-Geniès
Night markets :
In July and August :
- Monday evening in Montignac and Château Les Milandes (from beginning of june to end of september)
- Tuesday evening at Bugue, Saint Amand de Coly, Bouzic, Le Coux and Villefranche du Perigord
- Wednesday evening in Aubas, Rouffignac St Cernin,St Geniès and Belvès (from beginning of june to end of september)
- Thursday evening at Auriac du Périgord, St Léon sur Vézère, Hautefort and St Cyprien
- Friday evening at Valojoux, Les Eyzies, Salignac and Le Buisson (from beginning of june to end of september)
- Saturday evening at Audrix and St Pompon (from beginning of june to end of september)